Thursday, April 16, 2015

Armando's Commandos #9

Cast
Armando
Madeira Roberts
Kragen
Aminee Starlight
Deadpool
Meryl Silverburgh
Imai Katayo
Peter Fargason
Skids

#9 Haunted


The scene fade into Armando's room. We see him sitting on the edge of his bed eyes to the ground as he thinks about events back at Sector Ten. Flashes of Legion crucifying the team plays across the screen before returning to Armando's room. Armando stands up and walks over to his door exiting the room.

Cut to: Madeira's Room

Madeira is tossing and turning in bed. The screen cuts to a flashback of Legion walking through the wall of fire and vanishes showing Made sitting up in her bed getting her breathing to slow down.

Cut to: Armory

Kragen is checking and cleaning the weapons in the armory. Every once in a while he stops and thinks back to the fight with Legion. A closeup of Legion's face appears on the screen, and her ink black tendrils impales Kragen and the others suspending them into the air. The screen returns to normal and Kragen returns to cleaning the weapons without a word.

Cut to: Shooting Range

Aminee fires her pistol at a target while remembering back when Legion electrocuted her reminding her of Ocelot's torture. Aminee pictures it's Ocelot standing in place of the target and empties both her clips into it. When empty Aminee gets angry and throws her headset into the paper target and storms out of the range.

Cut to: Deadpool's Room

Deadpool is cooking himself a meal wearing a hat and apron when a Legion flashback interrupts him. We see glimpses of Legion impaling Deadpool and crucifying him in the air.


Deadpool: Waves the flashbacks away and gets back to cooking Annoying flashbacks. I am way too cool to have any meaningful character development.

Cut to: Skids' Room

Meryl tends to a trembling Skids on her bed. Meryl comforts her by stroking her hair and speaking softly to her.


Meryl: It's okay. It's okay. I'm right here.

Armando: Walks up to the doorway and looks at Meryl

Meryl: Turns her head to see Armando and then looks back at Skids Hon, I'm going to be right back.

Skids: No! Grabs onto her arm Don't leave me.

Meryl: I'm going to be right outside, I promise. You're safe here. Stands up and meets with Armando outside Skids' room

Armando: How is she?

Meryl: Her shield is gone. Whether or not it's gone for good I can't say. Skids never been touched by anyone before. What Legion did scarred her. She's in no condition to be let back on the field.

Armando: Take care of her. She needs a friend by her side.

Meryl: What about you? How are you holding up?

Armando: To tell you the truth? I've been better. The bombs were a mistake. We underestimated Legion's pyrokinesis, and her necromancy. There was nothing in that report about tendrils either.

Meryl: You can't blame yourself, Arman.

Armando: Then who can I blame? I led an entire task force to their deaths, dozens of lives loss.

Meryl: They knew what they signed up for. We all knew what we were signing up for.

Armando: This is different. Legion is a whole new ballgame.

Meryl: Remembers back to Legion setting the Resistance members on fire Why do you think she left us alive? She could have killed us with ease.

Armando: That's what haunts me most of all. She could have, but she didn't. Friends of the Herald...

Meryl: Do you think she means Tori?

Armando: I'm positive. But herald of what?


Cut to: Kitchen

Madeira: Plays a few notes on her guitar while sitting down

Armando: Enters into the kitchen and listens to Madeira play

Madeira: Notices Armando and stops

Armando: Can't sleep?

Madeira: Can anyone?

Armando: Sits down across from Made I'm here if you need to talk.

Madeira: Puts down her guitar I don't know. Things were just simpler when it was just Carl, Melinda, and us. Ever since we lost them things has just gone to shit.

Armando: Hey, language.

Madeira: Seriously?

Armando: I'm always serious when I'm sleep deprived. I know it seems hard now, but we'll get through this. We always do, and once Vulture is taking down for good? Sky's the limit.

Madeira: Vulture isn't the real threat anymore. There won't be an Isafaro left if Legion has her way.

Armando: Thinks about Made's words

Cut to: Deadpool's Room

Deadpool: Hears a knock at his door What? Takes off chef apron and hat Who the hell stays up at this time of night? Answers the door to find Aminee on the other side BABY–! I mean Talks in a deep voice Baby! Cuts the act What brings you to my neck of the woods?

Aminee: I smelled food.

Deadpool: Yes, I always knew you women went crazy for a handsome guy who can cook.

Aminee: Can I come in?

Deadpool: Of course you can! Kick your feet up and make yourself at home.

Aminee: Enters the room and sniffs the air Mmm. Smells good.

Deadpool: Closes the door Oh, stop!

Aminee: What are you making?

Deadpool: Garfield's favorite dish! Rushes into the kitchen and back out with two plates of lasagna Lasagna.

Aminee: Where did you get the indigents to make this?

Deadpool: I have my ways.

Scene flashbacks to Deadpool killing a chef and taking his cookbook and indigents

Deadpool: Pulls out Aminee's seat

Aminee: Sits down

Deadpool: Pushes her in and then sits down across from her Dig in!

Aminee: Gulps down the food

Deadpool: I take it you and Garfield have some relation?

Aminee: I haven't had a real meal in days! I'm sick to death of the army rations.

Deadpool: This is why I just came on as a mercenary. I can eat whatever I want and don't have to subscribe to the 'army' ways of doing things.

Aminee: Why did you join the Resistance anyway?

Deadpool: They paid me.

Aminee: Is that all?

Deadpool: In my line of work that's all you need, and explosions, and a video game, and a movie starring Ryan Reynolds.

Aminee: I would have thought the Vulture would be able to pay more.

Deadpool: You'd think so, and yet here we are.

Aminee: How did you become a mercenary?

Deadpool: You sure you want that story? Because we're talking about twenty-four years worth of comics here.

Aminee: I'm interested.

Deadpool: Well, in that case, it all started in New Mutant issue ninety-eight...

Cut to: Armory

Kragen: Continues to clean the weapons

Peter: Enters the armory You've been cleaning those weapons for a long time. I don't think they're going to get any cleaner.

Kragen: Looks at Peter, and then continues cleaning

Peter: A man of few words.

Kragen: What do you want?

Peter: I'm here to make sure one of Imai's best men is in top physical condition.

Kragen: He is.

Peter: They say a man's pride can be his greatest asset, and his greatest weakness.

Kragen: Pride is irrelevant in the face of death.

Peter: Is that what you and the others saw last night? The face of death?

Kragen: No.

Peter: Then what was it?

Kragen: Turns to face Peter God.

Cut to: Skids' Room

Meryl: Continues to comfort Skids

Skids: I want to go home.

Meryl: To the sewers?

Skids: No. I had a home before that. In Sector Six. Before they came.

Meryl: The Vulture.

Skids: They killed everyone, just like they did with my new family.

Meryl: You poor child.

Skids: Sits up I'm useless without my power. Useless! I can't protect any of you.

Meryl: You're not useless. You handle that gun pretty well. We all don't have powers here, and you don't need powers to be useful.

Skids: But I never had any training.

Meryl: When you feel up to it I can train you. You'll be a crack shot in no time, and who knows, maybe we can find out what Legion did to your powers and fix it. You're going to be all right, Skids.

Skids: Sally.

Meryl: What?

Skids: My name is Sally.

Cut to: Imai's Office

Imai: Working behind her desk

Armando: Knocks on the door Can I come in?

Imai: The door's open.

Armando: Opens the door and closes it behind him Have you contacted Jacobs?

Imai: Tori was nowhere to be found in Moon Valley when we called her folks. They said she left with Zira. They didn't say where. I don't know what that woman is up to, but it looks like you're going to have to fare without her help.

Armando: What about Hellsing?

Imai: They're on a manhunt for Bane. Those who aren't looking for Bane is staying in Hallowton to defend the city.

Armando: So, we're to square one?

Imai: Seems that way.

Armando: Legion is on the warpath and we can't do anything to stop her.

Imai: Now that's not true.

Armando: You have a plan?

Imai: It's a long shot, but... The Core has everything we need to take on Legion. Records, weapons, equipment. If we could take it–

Armando: Now wait a minute. Aminee and Deadpool barely got out of there in one piece, and now you want to go back?

Imai: We don't have a choice. We can't allow Legion to run a muck, but we don't have the equipment needed to fight her. The Vulture does.

Armando: After our last infiltration there's no way we're getting in there undetected.

Imai: That's where you're wrong. We have one edge over them.

Armando: And what's that?

Imai: The Golden Trio. We cut a deal with them and they can get us inside. They know the Core better than anyone else here.

Armando: Cut them a deal? They worked for the Vulture for years with no remorse for their actions.

Imai: The same Vulture that abandoned them when they failed to take out Tori and her squad. We offer them their freedom and they won't give us any trouble.

Armando: We don't have the firepower to take the Core. Legion made sure of that.

Imai: We'll improvise. Armando, this is our chance to take out the Vulture and Legion. Two birds with one stone.

Armando: Without Jacobs or Hellsing it's a suicide mission.

Imai: We're doing it with or without you, so you better make up your mind right now.

Armando: My team will need time to prepare, and Skids is a no go on any assignments for the time being.

Imai: Okay, but don't take too long. According to our intelligence Legion is entering Sector Nine. If she beats us to the Core they'll be nothing left for us to use.

Armando: It won't take long. Leaves Imai's office

Cut to: Briefing Room

Armando, Madeira, Kragen, Aminee, Deadpool, and Meryl are in the room talking.


Madeira: This is suicide! Imai is going to get us all killed!

Deadpool: If she can get me killed then collar me impressed.

Meryl: We get it, Wade, you can't die. The rest of us aren't so lucky.

Armando: Those are our orders. We use the Golden Trio to get inside the base, and then we take it. Use the resources there to fight off Legion.

Aminee: Just because we take the Core doesn't mean we'll have the resources necessary to beat that thing.

Madeira: Exactly.

Armando: I hear you, but we don't have many options. This operation is happening with or without us. Vulture made Legion, they must have something they can use to fight her. Vulture has been staying their hand to see what Legion can do, not because they can't fight it.

Meryl: I don't understand why Imai would agree to this mission. She struck me as a more reasonable person.

Kragen: Desperation.

Armando: Kragen's right. Legion has already taken out three sectors. Commander Jacobs is M.I.A., and to make matters worse Hellsing isn't able to help us. Things aren't looking good for us, but I know if we stick together we can do this. We can win this thing.

Deadpool: You really enjoy your heroes speeches. I do hope you actually have a plan this time.

Armando: Imai will be laying out the plan, but yes we have one. I know many of you are still suffering the aftermath of our last encounter with Legion. I can't ask you to take on this assignment so soon. If any of you want out, now's your chance. Neither I nor Imai will think any less of you.

Deadpool: Well, I'm in. What kind of a badass would I be if I missed the season finale?

Meryl: Me too. No way am I letting Legion put me on the shelf.

Madeira: Do you even have to ask? I'm not letting you out of my sight.

Kragen: Lead the way.

Armando: Looks to Aminee What about you?

Aminee: Is Ocelot going to be there?

Armando: There's a strong chance he will be.

Aminee: Then I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Armando: Okay, we're in agreement.

Skids: Don't I get a vote?

The six looks over to the doorway to see Skids standing there.

Meryl: Sally.

Armando: I was under the impression you were in no condition to return to the field.

Skids: I don't know what kind of condition I'm in. All I know is I want to help you guys. I may not be able to use my shield, but I can help in other ways. Let me help you.

Meryl: Are you sure?

Skids: I'm sure.

Armando: All right, then it's settled. I recommend you all get as much sleep as you can because tomorrow we're attacking the Core.

FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment